About the job
We are looking for a Medical Biller to join our medical facility’s administrative team to process patient billing information. This is a paid Intern position with the possibility to hire. You will work in our Corporate office located in Columbus, OH 20-30 hours a week.
Includes tasks that require data analysis and sound judgment to help our patients throughout the billing process. In addition, the best candidate for this position will be experienced with billing software and medical insurance policies. Such as Tricare, Tricare facets, Medicare, Blue Cross, and Blue Shield. This position will be for Overseas and Domestic locations, for multiple locations. Ecommerce is also involved out of the corporate office location.
Ultimately, you will demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, which are necessary when working with clients or agents who regularly deal with these matters. Prior knowledge of insurance, medical claims, Insurance processing, HCPC, and procedure coding is preferred.
Medical Biller's Responsibilities Include:
- Preparing and submitting billing data and medical claims to insurance companies
- Ensuring each patient’s medical information is accurate and up to date
- Preparing bills and invoices and document amounts due to medical procedures and services
- Generate revenue by making payment arrangements, collecting accounts, and monitoring and pursuing delinquent accounts
- Collect delinquent accounts by establishing payment arrangements with patients, monitoring payments, and following up with patients when payment lapses occur
- Utilize collection agencies and small claims courts to collect accounts by evaluating and selecting collection agencies, determining the appropriateness of pursuing legal remedies, and testifying in court cases, when necessary
- Maintain Medicare bad-debt cost report
- Secure outstanding balance payments for the care of employees
- Proven work experience as a Medical Biller or similar role
- Solid understanding of billing software and electronic medical records
- Must have the ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding problem-solving and organizational abilities